Friday, July 29, 2011

A Favorite: Meatloaf


A Favorite: Meatloaf

Serves 4-6.

I blogged about this two years ago.  I've gotten a lot of great feedback on the recipe and it remains one of my personal favorites.  Just reminding you that it's out there.  If you haven't tried it yet, you probably should.  Plus, since it freezes so well, it a great recipe to double and freeze a few (still raw) for your later enjoyment.

2 lbs. ground beef
1 c. shredded cheddar
1 packet onion soup mix
1/2 onion, chopped
2 eggs
3/4 c. water
1/3 c. ketchup
3/4 c. bread crumbs
2-4 slices of bacon, optional

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Add all ingredients, except bacon, into a bowl and mix until evenly distributed.
Form into 4-6 mini meatloaves.

Criss cross one slice of bacon, halved, over the top of each meatloaf.

Place in baking pan and bake, uncovered, for 1 hour.

1 comment:

  1. I made this last night and Jeremiah said it is the best meatloaf he's ever had! He asked if we could have it again tonight!
    Yesterday I followed your post from 9/28/10 about make ahead/freezer meals. I was so glad that you had the shopping list and step by step all laid out! It made it so easy. I gave you kuddos on my new blog, http://waughtivebeenupto.blogspot.com/, check it out!

    ReplyDelete