Overnight Egg Nog French Toast
Adapted from: Chef in Training
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 2 Tbsp. light corn syrup
- 2 loaves French bread, sliced into 1" slices
- 1 cup egg nog
- 1 cup half and half
- 10 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. cinnmon
- Lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Heat the brown sugar, butter, and corn syrup in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir until the mixture begins to boil; remove the mixture from heat, and pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Place slices of french bread on top of the sugar mixture.
- Combine egg nog, half and half, eggs and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Whisk together until completely combined. Pour evenly over bread slices.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil, and refrigerate 8 hours to overnight.
- Once it has refrigerated for designated time, Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 35 minutes. Then, remove foil and raise oven's temperature to 375 and bake for another 5-7 minutes or until french toast has started to brown on top. Serve with syrup.