Friday, May 21, 2010

Honey Cumin Glazed Pork Tenderloin


Honey Cumin Glazed Pork Tenderloin

Serves 4-6.

Warmer weather is here (and has actually been here for a while this spring) and we are taking full advantage of the grill. The thing I love about grilling is that you can typically prepare things ahead of time, and simply toss it on when you're ready to eat. I made this marinade the day I brought the pork home from the grocery store, even though I knew we wouldn't eat it for another day or two. It makes the day-of that much more enjoyable.

2 pork tenderloins, about 1 lb. each
1/2 c. soy sauce
6 T. honey
2 t. lime zest
2 t. ground cumin
1 t. chile powder
1 t. garlic powder
1/2 t. salt
3 T. canola oil

Glaze:
4 T. honey, warmed
2 t. ground cumin
1 t. chile powder

Season pork tenderloins with salt and pepper and then place in a large Ziploc bag. Make marinade by combining remaining ingredients and pour over pork. Massage marinade into pork through the bag, and refrigerate several hours.

Heat grill to medim heat. Remove pork from marinade, and brush both sides with honey glaze. Grill until a thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the meat reads 160-165 degrees F, turning once. Remove from heat, cover with foil, and allow to rest 15 minutes before slicing.

A Note From The Little Lady: True confessions: I completely forgot about the glaze. The bad news is I can't tell you how it was. The good news is I can assure you the pork was still fantastic without it. I'll definitely try to remember it next time, as I'm sure it offers a tasty carmelized "crust."

No comments:

Post a Comment