Friday, September 14, 2012

Mimo's Pie Crust


Mimo's Pie Crust

Makes 1 crust

This pie crust is perfect for sweet pies that only need a bottom crust.  It almost takes like a shortbread crust.  I haven't perfected it as a rolled crust, and maybe Mimo never intended it to be.  Regardless of it's unique form, it's a crust that I love to use for my dessert pies -- it's delicious, simple, and reminds me of Mimo.
Source: My grandmother, who we lovingly called Mimo

1 stick butter
2 T. sugar
1 cup flour

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Heat butter in a saucepan until melted.  Add sugar and mix until sugar dissolves.  Remove from heat.

Stir in flour until fully combined.  Pat into pie pan. 

If you will be using the crust for a no-bake pie such as coconut cream or lemon meringue (well, yes, it IS baked for a few minutes to brown the meringue...) bake for 15 minutes to set.

No comments:

Post a Comment