Friday, June 4, 2010

CoverGirl LashBlast and ShineBlast

BzzAgent Challenge: CoverGirl Lash Blast and Shine Blast

It's so fun to be a BzzAgent!  You get to try new products and respond with your opinion, each time working your way toward a higher status.  Do you want to be a BzzAgent?  Check out their website, where you can sign up for free!

This time around, I was assigned to BzzCampaign CoverGirl Blast, trying out two new products from CoverGirl - LashBlast and ShineBlast.

LashBlast is an eyeshadow.  It's not a powder, but more of a soft solid that you essentially "draw" on your eyelids.  One side is a smoky brownish maroon, and the other a bright green.  Here it is in its packaging:


I was a little hesitate about the colors.  The green is really bright in this product.  I was also a little nervous about the style of application.  I ALWAYS use powder eye shadows.  I have tried soft solids before and have never had much luck.  They always tend to crease and the application just isn't easy for me.  But it's my job as a BzzAgent to try out new products, so that is exactly what I did.

I started with freshly clean eyelids:


And added the green first, as directed:


Some parts were darker, some were lighter.  It didn't go on very evenly.  So I used my finger to smooth things out.  

Next was the darker shade, and the diagram and directions on the packaging told me to apply it to the crease of my eyelid.  So, that's what I did:


Once again, I wasn't totally impressed with the application.  I used my finger to blend the colors, but the overall product feels greasier than I'd prefer.  I think I'm just a powder girl.  I mean, it looks good above, but by the end of the day, it didn't seem to hold up as well as my typical routine.

Next up was the ShineBlast, and I had more faith in this.  

Here it is before I ripped off the packaging:


Warning: Super close up!  Not sure how I feel about my lips this magnified:


And then I applied the ShineBlast.  It's thick, but not too thick; sheer, but still adds a bit of color.  It's good for when you want something feminine on your lips, but don't want to go as far as full out lipstick.  A great day-to-day, any hour lip shine.  And it feels good on your lips too!
Take a look for yourself:


Wondering what the two products look like together?  Your wish is my command!


Yep, another close-up.


No comments:

Post a Comment