Saturday, February 13, 2010

BzzAgent Report: L’Oréal Lash Boosting Serum and Mascara

L’Oréal Paris® Concentrated Lash Boosting Serum and Double Extend Lash Boosting Mascara

I am a member - a BzzAgent, if you will -- of BzzAgent.com, a "word-of-mouth media network powered by 600,000 people." They supply products and digital tools to help promote products for over 600+ brands. This was my first assignment as a BzzAgent. I recieved the serum and mascara, free of charge, in the mail, and set out on the 4-week challenge to document results. The Mr. jokes that I love anything free, so when I'm lucky enough to get something free AND way cool, I'm pretty happy. :) Here are my findings...

Before:

This picture was taken before I starting using the serum or mascara. Yes, I'm pale. Yes, I'm sans make-up. And yes, it was early in the morning.
Moving on...

The serum is intended for use at night, and can also be applied in the morning before the mascara. Its job is to strengthen and condition. Because it's clear and has no immediate results, I was skeptical that it would make a difference. But, I used it. Because I was supposed to. And I like to follow directions.


Halfway Through (2 weeks):

Yep, still pale. Still sans make-up. And this one looks like it was even earlier in the morning!
At this point, I still wasn't sure if the serum was making a difference. But let me tell you about this mascara. I'm not sure if you can tell from the product picture above, but there are two ends to the mascara -- gold and blue. The gold end is a white base coat; the blue end, mascara. The base coat is very white; you wouldn't want to forget Step 2. But, wow, I was amazed at the difference it made. This base coat visibly extended my lashes -- they were longer and thicker instantly before my eyes.

When you apply the mascara, the white hue leaves, but the look remains. I found myself wanting to save the mascara for weekends and "special occasions," because I didn't want to go through it too fast. But, I continued to use it. Because I was supposed to. And I like to follow directions.


After (4 weeks):

I thought I'd cheat a little and put some eye shadow on. Isn't it kind of a rule when you take before and after pictures? I always get a chuckle when I come across ads for an extreme diet product. You know, the ones where the woman on the left is pale, scowling, and with a bulging belly; but the one on the right has a fresh-off-the-beach golden glow, a giddy smile, and a toned, flat stomach.
Refocusing.

Now that the 4-week challenge is all said and done, I can say that I'm actually very impressed with the product. It really seemed to make a difference. I'm not sure if the pictures show much of a change, but I believe the serum, though it worked in quiet, mysterious ways, made my lashes stronger. And the mascara without a doubt made a difference. Now that the trial period is over, I find that I AM hoarding it for special occasions. I've gone back to my normal mascara, using my new "big girl" mascara when I want to look my best. Which, anything you save like that, in my opinion, means you really like it. Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment