Monday, April 12, 2010

The Next Month or So...



The Next Month or So... might be a little quieter here on Pineapple Grass. At the end of March, we closed on our new condo (shown above) in our new city. We're excited. But because we need to finish up our jobs before moving for good, we need to stick around here a little bit longer. Rather than paying a mortgage payment AND a rent payment, we thought we'd take advantage of good ole' Mom and Dad living in the area.

This past weekend, we moved all our furniture and home STUFF down to our new condo, and all of our day-to-day STUFF to my parents. Always a fun job, right?

Since we'll be sharing the kitchen and dinner duty with my parents, I'm not going to promise a daily blog update. I'm going to aim for M, W, and F. Consider this my summer break. :) I'm hoping to have things up and running full-time again in June.

Want to see a few pictures of our new place?

It's an older home (built in the late 1800s), and we loved the quirky touches, like this bathroom door, which was once the original front door:



The third floor looked like this:


But we (and by we, I mean WE are paying someone else to) are in the process of finishing it to be a 3rd bedroom with a full bathroom. Here's the progress that's already been made:



But probably my favorite part? Look at this kitchen! A definite upgrade from our old apartment!


2 comments: