Monday, May 30, 2011

Tyson Grilled & Ready



Tyson Grilled & Ready

As a Foodbuzz Tastemaker, I had the priviledge of trying out a new Tyson Grilled & Ready product.  I chose the Fajita Chicken Breast Strips, from the freezer section, and decided to make... no surprise here... fajitas.

Here's The Mister's fajita trio:


And a singleton, so you can actually get a glimpse of some of the chicken:


Overall, the chicken was a breeze to prep and great for when you need dinner ready in a few minutes.  Like all frozen chicken strips, however, I just feel like it's not a replacement for freshly cooked chicken.  There's something about it that just doesn't do it for me.  Would I buy these again?  Yes, because it's so nice to have something like this in the freezer, ready and waiting.  Would I serve this fajita meal to guests?  Eh, probably not.  I'd make the time to prep and cook some fresh chicken.

Looking for a fajita recipe?
Click on one of these:
Fajitas with Guacamole
Fajitas on the Grill 

1 comment:

  1. Agreed. Frozen does not bet fresh. Although it is handy to have for quick meals.

    ReplyDelete