Friday, August 19, 2011

The Quilt: Completed! (almost)


The Quilt: Completed!  (almost)

In 2007 (2007!!!), I had the grand idea of making a quilt.  The idea got grander when I decided that I was going to make the whole thing by hand.  No sewing machine!  BUT, the grandest part of this idea was when I started cutting the squares and made them tiny.

I hope you caught my sarcasm.

I posted about the beginnings of the quilt in 2009 in case you want a little more history.

Anyway, here we are 4 years later and it's completed!  Almost.  The thing that makes something a quilt is that it is actually quilted.  Mine is together, has a back, and batting in between. But it's not quilted.  But I can throw it on a bed and actually use it.  I can wrap myself up in it on the couch.  I can lay my brand new sweet baby on it to play. 

And I feel proud that I did it by hand.  And my late grandmother, Mimo, is proud.

Oh, and it's HUGE.  Queen size!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, great job! I also have grand ambitions of doing some type of similar project but I don't even know where to begin. I'm impressed you stuck with it this whole time! Now are you going to make more or have you reached your lifetime quilting quota? ;)

    ReplyDelete