Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Apple Cinnamon Pancake Topping



Apple Cinnamon Pancake Topping

Serves 4-6.

I was a victim of the sample.  While browsing in Williams Sonoma with the wee one, we were offered samples of their oatmeal pancakes with apple cinnamon topping.  It was amazing.  Even the wee one started signing "more" after her paper cup was empty too.  Sorry, wee one, it's against etiquette to ask for a second sample.  
I couldn't leave the store without knowing I could make these myself at home.  So I purchased the oatmeal pancake mix -- at the price of $14.95, nonetheless -- and made them the following week.  They were, once again, fab.  But I will go broke if I continue to buy the mix, so please help me out.  I need a great oatmeal pancake recipe.  These pancakes were dense, moist, and flavorful.  The oats had been ground, because there were no whole oats in the mix.  If you have anything to share, please do!  Thanks!
Source: Williams Sonoma

1 oatmeal pancake mix from Williams Sonoma, prepared to package instructions

3 apples, peeled and chopped
3 T. butter
3 T. brown sugar
1/2-1 t. ground cinnamon


Melt butter over medium heat in a large skillet.  Add chopped apples and cook until soft.  Stir in brown sugar and cinnamon.  Mix well.  Serve over oatmeal pancakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment