Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Brown Sugar and Balsamic Glaze Pork Tenderloin



Brown Sugar and Balsamic Glaze Pork Tenderloin

Serves 6.

Follow the link below for more appetizing photos of this dish, because it is fab.  My photo doesn't do it justice (wait, have I said that before?) because I am bad about staging dishes.  When dinner's ready, dinner's ready, and there are hungry mouths to feed!  So I snap one like this.  B-a-d, I know.  But trust me when I say that this recipe is worth your time... and it won't require much of it!  It's tender and juicy and the glaze is just delicious.  Leftovers make great sandwiches, so make the entire recipe!
Slightly adapted from: C&C Marriage Factory

Pork
3 lbs. boneless pork tenderloin (mine was divided into two 1-1/2 lb. tenderloins)
1 teaspoon ground sage
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 clove garlic, crushed
1/2 cup water

Glaze
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons soy sauce

Combine sage, salt, pepper and garlic. Rub over roast. Place in slow cooker with 1/2 cup water. Cook on low for 5-6 hours. 

About 1 hour before roast is done, combine ingredients for glaze in small sauce pan. Heat and stir until mixture thickens. Brush roast with glaze 2 or 3 times during the last hour or two of cooking. 

Serve with remaining glaze on the side.


No comments:

Post a Comment