Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Cake Batter Fudge



Cake Batter Fudge

Makes about 25 pieces.

Use Halloween sprinkles and make this for your gathering tomorrow night.  It is deliciously good, and surprisingly simple.  Anyone can make this... in like less than 5 minutes.  Go, now, dear reader, and make. this. fudge!
As you'll see noted, I had to add quite a bit more cake mix and sugar than originally written, but consistency aside, I'm glad I did because my fudge would have come out too thin without it.  As you'll see in the photos, the fudge I ended up with is, in my opinion, a great thickness.
Slightly adapted from: Baked From a Box

1 cup yellow cake mix (I had to add almost an additional 1 cup in the mixing stage after the microwave)
1 cup confectioners' sugar (I had to add almost an additional 1 cup in the mixing stage after the microwave)
1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick)
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup sprinkles



Mix cake mix and confectioners' sugar together in a microwave-safe bowl.

Add butter and milk.  Do not mix.  Place bowl in microwave and heat on high for 2 minutes.

Mix well; add in sprinkles and continue to mix.

Dump into an 8"x8" pan (no larger) that has been coated with non-stick spray.  Spread even and let set in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.

Cut into pieces and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment