Saturday, July 25, 2009

Homemade Ice Cream Cake

For The Mr.'s birthday last March, he requested ice cream cake. I knew I could've gone out and bought one, but I wanted to make one myself. And since The Mr. isn't too picky about his sweets (he probably would've been fine without a birthday cake at all had I not insisted he have one), I knew I'd be okay as long as I included some of his favorite flavors.
We were leaving on a surprise birthday trip to Chicago a few days later, so I made a small cake that would be perfect for a few days of enjoyment.
This was no fancy cake, but we both agreed it tasted good enough for a happy birthday.

Ingredients:
One row (from standard package) of Oreo cookies, crushed
Hot fudge sauce
Chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream (or another flavor or your choice)
Cool Whip
Sprinkles

Line a mini loaf pan with plastic wrap or wax paper. Mix crushed Oreos with enough hot fudge sauce to hold it all together. Use half of Oreo/fudge mixture to create first layer in loaf pan. Follow with additional fudge sauce (if desired), layer of ice cream, a second layer of Oreo and fudge, and top it off with a final layer of ice cream.
Cover with plastic wrap and freeze overnight.
Invert onto serving plate, remove plastic wrap/wax paper, and "frost" with Cool Whip.
Decorate with sprinkles, if desired.
Return to freezer until ready to serve.






No comments:

Post a Comment