Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Welcome!

I never thought I'd start a blog, but... whelp... here it is.

Pineapple Grass came to be the title by the musings of a lot of different areas of my brain. First and foremost, the lyric from DMB's song "Tripping Billies" has always been one of those lines in a song that makes me feel good. I've always wanted a pineapple grass bracelet, for no other reason than I think it'd be neat, but I haven't found one yet.

"Remembering once out on the beaches" makes me nostalgic of our honeymoon to Grand Cayman - the origin of the beautiful sunset picture above and where we were able to spend 8 glorious days doing nothing but enjoying being newlyweds. The same song also has the familiar lyrics of "eat, drink, and be merry" which is appropriate since I see this blog focusing a lot on eating, drinking, and merriment, i.e. cooking, baking, entertaining, and enjoying life. I like to eat. I like a good drink. And I like to be merry.

Finally, the pineapple, over the course of social history, has come to express a sense of welcome, good cheer, human warmth and family affection, and I like that. As I look forward to my future as a wife, daughter, mother, sister, and friend, I'd consider it a job well done if I can feel and promote the same things a pineapple suggests.

No comments:

Post a Comment