Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Baked Artichoke Dip


Baked Artichoke Dip

Artichoke Dip is a classic. For years, I've made the simple mayo-parm-artichoke combo - quick, easy, and a guaranteed party pleaser. Since I was looking for a twist on the classic, while keeping the same appeal, I made a few changes, added a few flavor kicks, and threw it in the oven. It was a hit and definitely a nice option for when you want something a little different. Don't get me wrong, though, the classic 3 ingredient dip still holds its place in this world.

1 can quartered artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1 California green chile (a.k.a. Anaheim chile, Long Green Pepper, or Chile Verde), seeded and chopped
1/2 c. sour cream
1/2 c. mayonnaise
1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 c. shredded parmesan cheese
dash hot sauce

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix all ingredients, spread in a pie dish (or any other baking dish of your choice), and bake for 30 minutes.


A Note From The LL: This pretty little pepper found it's way into the dip when I was browsing produce at the local farmer's market. I wasn't really sure what its official name was when I bought it, but I assumed it wouldn't be terribly hot, and its little size made it perfect for the dip.

No comments:

Post a Comment