Thursday, September 10, 2009

Cheesy Garlic Bread


Cheesy Garlic Bread

Serves 2.

This was one of those recipes that came to me as I was digging through the refrigerator looking for something else. We had one wedge of Laughing Cow cheese left that was begging to be used. I don't know about you, but there's something gratifying to me about throwing away an empty container. Maybe it's because I'm getting it out of an area that's already over-crowded; maybe it's because I feel good about the fact that I let nothing go to waste. Anyway, I knew some garlic bread would go wonderfully with the pasta we were having, and with the addition of some creamy cheese, I knew it could be even better. Thus, the following recipe emerged. YUM.

4 slices Italian bread
2 T. butter, softened
1 wedge Laughing Cow cheese, Original flavor
1 clove garlic, minced and pressed
1/2 t. Italian seasoning

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
If you are working with a soft Italian bread, lightly toast it first.
In a bowl, combine butter, cheese, garlic, and Italian seasoning, mixing well. Spread on bread slices and put them back-to-back. Butter the exposed sides of the end pieces. Wrap in foil and bake for 10 minutes to warm through.

No comments:

Post a Comment