Thursday, January 21, 2010

Cheese & Green Onion Stuffed Pork Chops


Cheese & Green Onion Stuffed Pork Chops

Serves 2 (or as many people as you want!).

I haven't quite been myself lately. An intestinal bleed out of left field confined me to the hospital for two nights and sidelined me from my usual, daily activities for over two weeks. The Mr. has stepped up and been amazingly supportive and attentive, and his medical knowledge has proven extremely helpful. All that being said, I am finally on the mend. I went to grocery store for the first time in 2010 just this week! During the two "off" weeks, I rarely cooked, but when I did, I was forced to make do with what was in the fridge and freezer. These pork chops were one of those forced creations... and we loved them!

2 boneless pork chops
2 wedges Laughing Cow cheese
1 green onion, chopped
garlic salt and pepper, to taste

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Lay pork chops flat on a cutting board, and with a knife held parallel to the board, cut into the pork chop, leaving one side intact. Spread a cheese wedge in the middle of each pork chop. Sprinkle green onion evenly between the two on top of the cheese.

Place into a baking dish that has been coated with non-stick spray. Season chops with garlic salt and pepper.

Bake for 45 minutes.

A Note From The LL: This is a versatile dish: Sub chives for green onion; add cooked and chopped bacon; sub any soft, spreadable cheese for the Laughing Cow wedges; use chicken breasts instead of pork chops; do whatever sounds good to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment