Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Wingless Buffalo Chicken Pizza


Wingless Buffalo Chicken Pizza

Serves 2.

This recipe is originally from Rachael Ray, but I found it through the blog of Heidzillas, Cleveland wedding coordinator and consultant. Although her typical blog posts focus on all-things WEDDING, Heidzillas opted to recap the 30th birthday party she threw for her husband. For someone who does "not love to cook," Heidi prepared an amazing spread of tantalizing treats. When I saw this recipe, I knew I had to try it. And ASAP. I only changed a few things -- subbing Ranch dressing for tomato sauce and changing around the prep for chicken and pizza dough. Heidi said her recipe won rave reviews and The Mr. and I raved about my version, so I think you can't go wrong with either!

While you're browsing Heidzillas blog, make sure to check out these amazing cupcakes and cakes, made by CMYKakes.


1 pizza dough packet mix
1/2 lb. chicken, cooked and cut into small pieces
cornmeal or flour, to handle dough
2 T. butter
1 T. Worcestershire sauce
3 T. hot sauce
1/2 c. Ranch dressing
1 c. shredded cheese (I used Parmesan, but blue cheese crumbles and cheddar would also work well)
3 scallions, thinly sliced

Preheat oven to 425.
Prepare pizza dough according to mix instructions. Stretch dough to form pizza using cornmeal or flour to help you handle it. Letting it rest and warm up for a few minutes should help it handle even easier. Set pizza on pizza pan and set aside.

In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt butter and stir in Worcestershire, hot sauce, and Ranch dressing. Stir in chicken.

Cover the pizza dough with chicken-sauce mixture. Top with cheese and scallions.
Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden.

1 comment:

  1. My pizza loving, picky husband loves this. Mine does not turn out this pretty. Maybe my dough is too small and I have too much sauce. So easy to make too!

    ReplyDelete