Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Big 2-6.


So today I turn 26 years old, and show my face for the first time. That's me up there, celebrating my 24th birthday.
And because it's my birthday, I've decided that it's a good enough excuse to not worry about posting a recipe today. Today, I'm boycotting the kitchen and eating out. Because, although I love to cook, there's something not too thrilling about cooking your own birthday dinner, or baking your own birthday cake. Instead, I'm celebrating at a restaurant with The Mr. and ordering myself a tasty dinner and a sinful birthday dessert.

AND I'm going to ask you all for gifts.
:::gasp:::
Yep, uh-huh.

I know there are ways out there to track the activity my blog sees. And if I was tech-savvy enough to look into those methods, I might have an idea of who all visits, where they visit from, and if there's really anyone out there reaping some benefits from what I post. But, to be honest, I don't know much about the interwebs. All I really know is how to take a crappy picture of something I make and slap it up here with the recipe... probably often with typos (my apologies).

So..onto my birthday request...
If you follow my blog, consider becoming a "Follower." I'm curious just how many people see the hideous photos I post. The Mr. keeps saying, "We need to get you some photography lessons."
:::sigh:::
I think what I really need is a good camera!

In the end, though I strive for impressive photos, what I'm most concerned about is offering something that tastes good and is fairly easy to make, no matter what it looks like.

Cheers!

8 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Tara! Enjoy your day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday. Have a great evening with the Mr.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! Wanted to let you know that I check your blog almost every day on my lunch hour for your recipes - and I think your photos are fine! My husband always laughs when I take pics of my food to post on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmmm if I take the photos for you, do I get to eat some of the food you make?

    Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy birthday! I follow your blog (I think I found it from facebook), and have made the cinnamon candleholders as well as several recipes! thank you for sharing- i really only cook from a few sources: your blog, rachael ray cookbooks, betty crocker, and cooking light magazine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope that your bday was wonderful!!!

    I just got the Canon G11 for a point-and-shoot and it's pretty awesome for foodie pics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the birthday wishes and feedback!
    Colleen, we may have a deal. :)

    ReplyDelete