Monday, August 30, 2010

Creamy and Zesty Black Beans with Corn


Creamy and Zesty Black Beans with Corn

Serves 2-4.

What a great, great recipe! I saved this a while back after coming across it on Lemons & Love, and now I'm sorry it took me so long to finally make it. So good! I kid you not, I took one bite out of the stovetop pan to test the temperature, and ended up going back for 6-8 more bites because I couldn't resist! Thank goodness I was only serving it to
The Mr./Dr. and myself! We served with grilled BBQ chicken, but this could easily be a meal on it's own when served over rice.

1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
3/4 c. frozen corn
1/2 c. salsa
3 oz. cream cheese
1 t. cumin
salt and pepper
few dashes of hot sauce
juice from half of one lime


Combine all ingredients (except lime juice) in a saucepam. Heat over medium until cream cheese is creamy and the mixture is completely heated through, stirring occasionally.
Stir in lime juice just before serving.
Serve over rice, with tortilla chip scoops, or plain as-is! Any way you serve it, you'll love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment