Thursday, August 19, 2010

Kellogg's Fiber Plus Antioxidants Cereals


Product Review: Kellogg's Fiber Plus Antioxidants Cereals

As a recipient of Kellogg's breakfast cereals through the Foodbuzz Tastemaker program, I was able to taste-test two new offerings: Berry Yogurt Crunch and Cinnamon Oat Crunch, both healthy cereals with loads of Fiber, and - you guessed it - antioxidants!

Both cereals were tasty, and a healthy way to start my day. I'm a cereal lover, so I often eat it in the afternoon and evening as well. These have not lasted long in my house. I can't resist sugary cereals like Cinnamon Toast Crunch, but I love when I find a good-for-me cereal that gives me lasting energy beyond the initial sugar rush.

Let's talk about the Berry Yogurt Crunch first. My favorite, although both were tasty. The B.Y.C., as we'll refer to it, was crunchy, sweet, and perfect with cold milk. The yogurt bits were welcome surprises in my spoon, and the light fruity flavor was definitely there, but not over-powering. All in all, a great cereal that's good for you too!

The Cinnamon Oat Crunch was good, but somewhat bland and lacking in flavor. Keep in mind that I admitted earlier to being a sucker for Cinnamon TOAST Crunch, so sometimes a "healthified" version just doesn't do the trick. I'm still making my way through the box, though, as it's a great snack for before bed or when dinner seems hours away.

No comments:

Post a Comment