Monday, August 9, 2010

Date Night

Date Night

Serves 2.

The Mr./Dr. has been very busy lately. I don't get to see him all that often, especially when my work hours and his work hours barely overlap. So when we do have time together, I try to make the most of it. This night was perfect for a "date," since he had an early Saturday morning back at the hospital the next day. What I liked most about this menu, and what I strived for in planning it, is that it required very little last-minute prep and work during our time together. I had the salad ready to be tossed with dressing before serving; the lasagna was made ahead of time and simply popped in the oven an hour before eating; and the dessert was also made ahead of time, waiting patiently in the fridge until we were ready to dive in. Because we were able to leisurely enjoy conversation over drinks, each other's company, and a relaxed setting, it made the experience feel more like a restaurant and less like I was the one cooking and in charge of providing dinner.

My attempt to make things nice and fancy:


The table set; the wine decanted:


For starting off, a Caesar salad (from the bag - it's too easy!). I've been wanting to try and make my own Caesar dressing, though; anyone have a good recipe to recommend?


Homemade bread for two: Herbed Cheese Bread


Free-Form Sausage-and-Three-Cheese Lasagna:



And for dessert, Florentine Chocolate Profiteroles:


***Recipes will be posted throughout the week, starting tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment