Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Beer Dip

Beer Dip

Makes ~2 cups.

This recipe takes me back to college -- it was a sorority staple! First introduced to me by my Kappa Kappa Gamma sisters, it's quick, it's easy, it's addicting, and it has BEER in it, which makes it the obvious college munchie.

2 (8-oz.) blocks of cream cheese, softened
1 packet Ranch dressing or dip mix
1.5-2 c. shredded cheddar cheese (your preference)
~2 oz. beer

Mix all ingredients in a bowl until smooth. If you can, make this ahead of time and let it sit in the refrigerate for a few hours (even overnight if you want) to allow flavors to blend. Serve with mini pretzels.

A Note from The LL: I have used different beers in this dip, all with great success. For your first time making it, I'd recommend a fairly bland beer, such as Bud Light. Feel free to experiment after that. The most flavorful beer I've used was probably Great Lakes Glockenspiel Weizenbock, and although I was at first afraid that it might be a little TOO flavorful, it actually turned out to be a big hit!

1 comment:

  1. Ooh this sounds wonderful!!! We might have to make this at the clam bake!

    ReplyDelete