Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Berry Cobbler


Berry Cobbler

Serves 2.

I'm borrowing this tasty recipe from Gia of http://www.fatcontrolfreak.blogspot.com/, and it is my knowledge that this is actually a Weight Watchers recipe. Go figure! You could easily serve this without anyone wondering if it's "on a diet." The only changes I made was a reduction in size. Perfect for 2!

2 c. berries of your choice (I used raspberries and strawberries)
1/8 c. sugar
1 T corn starch
1/8 t. salt

1/2 c. flour
1/2 t. sugar
1/4 t. baking powder
1/8 t. baking soda
1/8 t. salt
1/4 c. buttermilk (I didn't have any, so I used 1% milk and it worked out fine)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix berries with sugar, corn starch, and salt, and add to a small baking dish. Bake for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, mix together dry ingredients, and then slowly add milk until dough is sticky. Remove berries from oven, "plop" dough in two (or three) places, and bake for an additional 20 minutes.

1 comment: