Monday, August 24, 2009

The Woods

The Woods
21919 Center Ridge Road
Rocky River, Ohio
440.333.4522

The Mr. has been wanting to check this place out for a while, so we did just that!

What we ate:
The LL: Chicken Florentine, $13.95
The Mr.: Large Make-Your-Own Pizza with grilled chicken and onion, $15

The restaurant originated in 1965, when it opened as Dominic's Pizza by Dominic and Vulia Chillemi. Chad and Trish Chillemi transformed the menu into The Woods in 1983: the pizza remains, but with the addition of several Italian entrees, sandwiches, and burgers. I specifically say "the menu" changed, because the restaurant itself looks as if it's still the original 1965 decor. "Dominic's Pizza" is still displayed throughout, and it just has that pizza parlor feel. The fact that they have church pews as seats is unique, and the food was good, but I think replacing the vinyl tablecloths would be an easy upgrade. I won't be impatient about scheduling a return visit, but I guess when I think about the food, both The Mr. and I really enjoyed what we got. Fattening, though it was, it was that satisfaction only comfort food can offer.

The Little Lady's Chicken Florentine: Crispy pan-friend chicken topped with spinach, bacon, and cheese; a side of fettuccine Alfredo.


The Mr.'s pizza: topped with grilled chicken and onions.
I'm not sure if it was the sauce or what, but this reminded me a little bit of Pizza Hut.

No comments:

Post a Comment