Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Rosemary Chicken & Brie En Croute


Rosemary Chicken & Brie En Croute

Serves 2.

I found this recipe in Pillsbury's 36th Bake-Off Contest Cookbook. I love brie en croute, so finding a way to turn it into an entree sounded like a phenonmenal idea to me. Both The Mr. and I loved this.

1 (8-oz.) can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
2 T. minced green onions
6 oz. Brie cheese, rind removed, cubed
1-1/2 c. chopped, cooked chicken breast
1 egg, beaten
1 t. crushed dried rosemary
1 T. grated Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 350. Separate dough into 4 rectangles; firmly press perforations to seal. Spoon 1/4 of minced onions onto the center of each rectangle; top with 1/4 of cubed Brie. Top each with 1/4 of chicken, pressing slightly into the cheese. Fold short ends over chicken, overlapping slightly. Fold open ends over about 1/2 inch to form a rectangle. Press all edges to seal.

A Note From The Little Lady: I made these up to this point and then froze them, wrapped well in plastic wrap. When we were ready to have them, I thaw and continued on with directions below.

Place seam side down on ungreased baking sheet. Cut three 1-inch slashes on top of each roll to allow steam to escape. Brush with egg; sprinkle with rosemary and Parmesan cheese. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.

Another Note from The LL: The original recipe says this will serve four. The bundles are not that big, and, although rich, offer a fairly meager amount. If you are serving these with a few hearty sides, you could get by with one per person, but otherwise, it's pretty easy to eat two.

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to be trying these this week. Have you had them left-over? I'm trying to figure out if they'd be good for lunch the next day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a great leftover! I purposely make extra so that I have leftovers for lunch. Hope you like them!

    ReplyDelete