Thursday, August 20, 2009

Chocolate Syrup Brownies

Chocolate Syrup Brownies

I adapted this recipe for size only, from Gooseberry Patch's 5 Ingredients or Less cookbook. The brownies it made were... different than your standard box mix. They were extremely fudgy in texture, but didn't have the rich chocolately taste I expected. I'd make these again as an easy dessert, but I wasn't overly wild about the taste. I could see it being one of those recipes that go over with average reviews, with someone here and there absolutely loving them. They were quick and easy, though, and for that, I'm appreciative. Next time, I'll mix in chocolate chips and/or try to find a dark chocolate syrup.

12 oz. chocolate syrup
6 oz. (3/4 stick) butter, softened
3/4 c. all-purpose flour
3/4 c. sugar
3 eggs
*I'd recommend adding 3/4 c. chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix chocolate syrup, butter, flour, and sugar together. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. (Stir in chocolate chips). Pour into a greased 9x9 pan and bake for 25 minutes. Frost, if desired, or dust with powdered sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment