Monday, November 16, 2009

Puppy Chow Bars

Puppy Chow Bars

A Little Lady Original. These came to fruition when I was attempting to clean out my pantry. There's nothing worse than coming home from the grocery store and not having the space to unload your groceries. I had 4 opened jars (4!) of different peanut butter varieties (The Little Lady loves her some PB), a half empty box of Special K that wasn't going anywhere fast, and plenty of powdered sugar and chocolate chips. Though I knew I couldn't make Puppy Chow with Special K, I figured I could do something similar. So, a bar form it became! My initial batch had some problems with crumbling a bit when cutting into serving pieces, so I've slightly upped the peanut butter, and decreased the powdered sugar to solve that problem. You should be good to go!

2-1/2 c. creamy peanut butter
1 stick butter
3 c. crispy rice cereal (such as Chex, Special K, or Rice Krispies)
3 c. powdered sugar
2 c. chocolate chips

In a large bowl, mix together cereal and powdered sugar.
In a saucepan over medium-low heat, combine peanut butter and butter, stirring occasionally until butter is completely melted and mixture is without lumps.
Pour peanut butter mixture over cereal mixture and toss to coat.
Press into a lightly-greased 13x9 pan.
Melt chocolate chips and pour over bars, spreading evenly.
Chill in refrigerator for a few hours.
Taste the goodness of Puppy Chow in bar form.

No comments:

Post a Comment