Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Addicting Munchies

Addicting Munchies

Makes approximately 9 cups (or more, see note).

The title is accurate. For whatever reason, I forgot to snap a picture, but I think it's a pretty easy one to visualize. We served this at a recent party and people were gobbling it up. It's a great snack to have scattered throughout the room and by the bar set-up. It WILL get eaten. I got this recipe from my mom.

10 cups assorted snacks (pretzels, corn chips, peanuts, Cheez-its, oyster crackers, etc.)
1 packet Original Ranch dressing mix
2/3 c. vegetable oil
2 t. dill weed
1/4 t. garlic salt

Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
In a large bowl, combine snacks. Mix together oil, Ranch mix, dill weed, and garlic salt. Pour over snack mix and toss to coat evenly. Bake for 1-1/2 hours, stirring occasionally (about every 30 minutes). Store in an airtight container.

A Note From The Little Lady: Similar to Stinky Crackers, this snack mix has an addicting flavor that simultaneously attacks your breath. When I'm serving this to a big group that might prefer a weakened flavor, I up the amount the snack mix. I wouldn't go much higher than 15-16 cups, but know that you can stretch this a bit without losing the appeal.

No comments:

Post a Comment